Reveal a brighter, smoother complexion by removing dead skin cells with dermaplaning treatments. Not only does dermaplaning exfoliate the skin, it can also take off unwanted facial hair, so you have glowing skin free of peach fuzz. Even better, dermaplaning treatments can prepare the skin for other skin rejuvenation treatments.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Dermaplaning exfoliates the skin's top layer by gently scraping dead skin cells using a special surgical blade. The sensation is very similar to that felt when shaving your legs. The treatment begins with our aesthetician cleaning and thoroughly drying your skin. Then, while pulling the skin tight, she holds the blade at an angle and uses short, swift strokes to scrape off the dead cells and peach fuzz. The treatment promotes skin cell renewal and a series of treatment sessions will enhance results.
Using professional grade skincare products at home after dermaplaning treatments can also nourish your skin. Dermaplaning is a natural alternative for women who want to avoid using harsh chemicals for skin exfoliation.
- Treatment time: 45 minutes
- Discomfort level: Little to none
- Number of treatments: Periodic treatments spaced at least a month apart
- Recovery: No downtime at all; wear sunscreen with sun protection factor (SPF) of at least 30 to avoid sun exposure
- Duration of results: Depends on your daily skin care regimen and sun exposure